Skip to main content

Ups and Downs



These past few weeks have probably been the most difficult for me since C&D were born.  I am for the most part a very upbeat and happy person, but in the past few weeks I can see that I am not really be myself.  I have to find ways to deal with all the crying and screaming that goes on during the day.  It is so true that with twins when it is hard it is doubly hard.  Although when it is great it is so great.  

The Ups these days are seeing my kids learn new things like playing with blocks and Cadence learning she can put them together.  She got the biggest smile on her face when she realized that they snapped together.  Or when Dexter is chasing Holly around the house laughing hysterically.  His face just lights up when Holly plays with him.  

These are the things I need to focus on!  Life is really wonderful and we are so blessed!

~MoM  


Comments

  1. Hang in there! Porter went through a few months of behavior that wore me out. I didn't realize how out of it I was until 2 weeks ago when I finally started enjoying his company again. With that he made a huge cognitive jump too. Growing pains are hard on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I can take all the support I can get :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging has bested me :)

So my attempt to create and maintain a blog has been a totally failure.  I am pretty sure that Facebook has been the problem.  Facebook so so instant.  Instant gratification.  I really have to do no work to post pictures or let people know what is going on with me life.  I am not sure I like this.  So I am changing my means of communication in hopes that I can express myself and keep family and friends up to date with the happenings of the Harris'.   So here is to a new year and hopefully a successful blog! My little walker!

Day 1: A recent picture of me and 15 interesting facts about yourself

Day 1: A recent picture of me and 15 interesting facts about me Hmmm 15 interesting things about me.  I am not sure I am that interesting but here it goes.   1. Cooking and baking are very therapeutic to me. 2. I spent a year in Belgium after high school. 3. Apparently twins run in my family :) 4. I collect The Bernstein Bears children's books.  I own almost all of them. 5. I can touch my tongue to my nose.   6. But I am not able to curl my tongue. 7. I would love to write a book one day.  So many ideas in my head for books.   8. I am a half marathoner. 9. Faith is a huge part of my life even though I don't go to church. 10. One of my biggest regrets is not finishing college.  Someday. 11. Fall is my favorite time of year 12. I love to scrapbook but have not done it in years. 13. I have never broken a bone in my life. 14. I had 4 pet rats growing up.  They make great pets.   15. Sometimes I think about my life and wonder how I got so l